New Year, New Challenges
Well it will be a 2024 by the time I post this. We'll see if I become more consistent. I have so many ideas on my head, but when I end up trying to type them, they don't come out correctly or I can't write as fast as I can think. I understand one of my tutor students. She doesn't love writing essays because her thoughts and ideas move faster than her fingers so she voice types most of her work then goes back to edit.
2023 was a year of good and bads. I ended up going back into teaching and got hired at MICDS. My main room is the room that I learned 8th grade science in. It's pretty amazing. I have some great students and I'm having a good time. It is not easy to do two new curriculums, but my students, and coworkers are so amazing and supportive. It is such a different vibe. My past job, it took 3 years to earn street cred from the students and I'm not sure I ever truly won the support of the the staff I worked with. At MICDS, the students loved me when I subbed and they were excited to find out I was hired!
I'm teaching an accelerated 8th science adn 6th grade science. It's been fun and I'm learning a lot of new things as I go.
The challenging part of this year is the rapid drop of my kidney function. Right around the start of the start of the school year, my function dropped to 13 and hasn't really jumped up again. I got placed in the hospital for an infection. My doctor finally encouraged me to contact the Transplant Center at Barnes. My christmas gift to myself was submitting all my paperwork. So the real journey begins. I am itchy, and have a less energy. School takes it out of me and I could crash by 6pm every night. Too much poor eating or drinking means a swelling right foot. I'm not ready to face a transplant, but I know it should make me feel better.
Fingers crossed for a good new year!
Comments
Post a Comment