The time has come...
I'm at a rather interesting impasse in my life and I'm realizing life is too short to stay at one place for too long. Maybe I feel like I've worn out my welcome, or I have done everything that I have the capacity to do here, or maybe COVID got the best of me. But for the first time in my life, I am not sure that teaching is next. So many times I've put off moving out of the classroom because it didn't feel right. Now it just feels exausting. I have so many skill sets and abilities that only a few skill sets are being used over and over again and I'm not being tapped to use some of my best qualitites.
I regularly listen to Podcasts and Jen Riday posted a podcast called "you can change" and lime many people in the middle of this pandemic, as we crest this mountain we realize there is more. As we look over the horizon. https://www.jenriday.com/you-can-change/- Jen posed the question, now that you have reached the top of this mountain, which one would you like next to tackle. And that is where I stand, on my mountain of years of teaching, BA, MAE and Ed.D... wondering what was all of this education for and where can I take it. I am strong, resilliant, hard working and always welcoming new adventure. I am frustrated that Chaminade seems to only tap certain skills and in other way sits on me. I don't know if they just don't see me as an assett or they just don't think of me and my skills at all because I sat so low to start with coming off of having a new born when I started, I wasn't the spit fire I was at West Middle. What I do know is I'm not sure staying at CCP is a part of my path. I've written curriculum so many times and have an awesome teammate that is leaving. I'm not sure I'm ready for this next class and to support another new teacher who may or may not be interesting in collaborating. We've spend so many years touting our school as an autonomous school who gives their teachers free autonomy, I'm not sure they are willing to collaborate and to get lucky and find someone like Lauren again will be a crap shoot at best.
So then what.... There are so many ideas, thoughs, plans, wishes.
* Stay at Home Mom--> Take time off just to breath, work on my health and my mental state, give time to clean and take care of our house and generally make our home a more peaceful place to be. While exploring my interest because we know that I can't stay home for long.
* Tech Person at a school--> Get involved at another school being the tech curriculum developer
* Work part time at a place like Office Depot, Starbucks, etc.
* Develop my dream of a Mobile Science Lab/Team up with Mad Science and work with them to build more collaborative opportunities for schools and teachers to dive into science.
* Go in to Corporate??? Tech Ed at the Corporate level?
* Curriculum Designer/Developer
Comments
Post a Comment